Find Bill
Find Your Legislator
Legislative Deadlines
Nov. 10, 2017
RSS Feed Permanent URL -A +A

2016 Statute



Prev Article 7c. - FIREARMSNext


75-7c13.Concealed handgun licensure fund; uses of moneys. (a) All moneys received by the attorney general pursuant to this act shall be remitted to the state treasurer who shall deposit the entire amount in the state treasury and credit it to the concealed handgun licensure fund, which is hereby created in the state treasury.

(b) Moneys in the concealed handgun licensure fund shall be used only for: (1) Payment of the expenses of administration of the personal and family protection act; and (2) transfers to the county law enforcement equipment fund and to the forensic laboratory and materials fee fund as provided by subsection (e).

(c) On or before the 10th day of each month, the director of accounts and reports shall transfer from the state general fund to the concealed handgun licensure fund the amount of money certified by the pooled money investment board in accordance with this subsection. Prior to the 10th day of each month, the pooled money investment board shall certify to the director of accounts and reports the amount of money equal to the proportionate amount of all the interest credited to the state general fund for the preceding month, pursuant to K.S.A. 75-4210a, and amendments thereto, that is attributable to moneys in the concealed handgun licensure fund. Such amount of money shall be determined by the pooled money investment board based on: (1) The average daily balance of moneys in the concealed handgun licensure fund for the preceding month; and (2) the net earnings for the pooled money investment portfolio for the preceding month.

(d) All expenditures from the concealed handgun licensure fund shall be made in accordance with appropriation acts upon warrants of the director of accounts and reports issued pursuant to vouchers approved by the attorney general for the purposes set forth in this section.

(e) The attorney general shall certify to the director of accounts and reports on each July 1 and January 1 after moneys are first credited to the concealed handgun licensure fund the amount of moneys in such fund needed to administer this act. On or before the 15th day of each month after moneys are first credited to the concealed handgun licensure fund, the director of accounts and reports shall transfer moneys in the concealed handgun licensure fund as follows: (1) Of the amount in excess of the amount certified by the attorney general, 20% shall be credited to the county law enforcement equipment fund; and (2) the remaining 80% shall be credited to a separate account in the forensic laboratory and materials fee fund cited in K.S.A. 28-176, and amendments thereto, to be used solely to assist city and county law enforcement agencies to obtain prompt laboratory services from the bureau. Moneys credited to the forensic laboratory and materials fee fund as provided by this subsection shall be used to supplement existing appropriations and shall not be used to supplant general fund appropriations to the attorney general.

History: L. 2006, ch. 32, § 13; L. 2010, ch. 140, § 11; July 1.



Prev Article 7c. - FIREARMSNext
2017. Powered by KLISS. Rendered: 2017-11-10T19:37:28. Head Rev No: 336904