The Secretary of the SenateKansas Senate
Corey Carnahan, Secretary of the Senate
The President of the Senate appoints the Secretary of the Senate who serves under the President's direction and supervision. Although primarily responsible to the Senate President, the Secretary of the Senate works closely with the Senate Majority Leader and supports the work of the entire chamber by serving in a non-partisan capacity.
The Secretary of the Senate is responsible for the preparation of the daily Senate Calendar and Senate Journal and the printing and processing of all bills and resolutions. The Secretary of the Senate also operates the chamber voting system and maintains voting records of the members; reports on the status of all bills in the Senate; prepares messages from the Senate to the House; prepares the permanent Senate Journal; maintains original documents relating to bills and communications to the Senate until filed with the Secretary of State for permanent storage, and maintains committees and chamber membership.
About the Secretary of the Senate
Corey Carnahan was appointed Secretary of the Senate in August 2013. Prior to his work in the Secretary of the Senate's office, Corey worked in the Legislative Research Department as a Principal Analyst. During the 2012 Session, he was lead Research Department staff on the Senate Committee on Reapportionment and the House Committee on Redistricting. Corey graduated with degrees in political science from Wayne State College and the University of Nebraska-Omaha.
2013 Session Staff
- Verla Vines (Administrative Assistant)
- Elaine Ward (Senate Desk Clerk)
- Cindy Shepard (Senate Desk Clerk)
- Rose Marie Glatt (Journal Clerk)
- Charlene Bailey (Journal Clerk)
- Jan Lunn (Calendar Clerk)
- Doris Renneke (Chief Enrolling Clerk)
- Vanita Hunt (Enrolling Clerk)
- Lori Cackler (Enrolling Clerk)
- Thelma Haefner (Office Secretary III)
- Secretary of the Senate
- 300 SW 10th Ave., Room 325-E
- Topeka, Kansas 66612-1504
- Phone: (785) 296-2456
- Fax: (785) 296-6718
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2015. Powered by KLISS. Rendered: 2015-11-29T22:22:17. Head Rev No: 532545