Find Bill
Find Your Legislator
Legislative Deadlines
May 26, 2024
RSS Feed Permanent URL -A +A

2023 Statute


17-7926. Change of registered office or resident agent. (a) Any covered entity, by action of its governing body or by any other means set forth in its organic rules, may change the location of its registered office in this state to any other place in this state and the resident agent may be changed to any other person described in K.S.A. 17-7925(a), and amendments thereto. A certificate certifying the change shall be executed and filed with the secretary of state in accordance with K.S.A. 17-7908 through 17-7910, and amendments thereto.

(b) If a covered entity's resident agent dies or moves from the registered office, the entity shall designate and certify to the secretary of state the name and address of another resident agent, in the manner provided in subsection (a), within 30 days of such death or move. If no new resident agent is designated in the time and manner as provided in this subsection, service of legal process on such entity may be made as prescribed by K.S.A. 60-304, and amendments thereto. If any covered entity fails to designate a new resident agent as required by this subsection, the secretary of state, after giving 30 days notice of the intended action, may declare the entity's public organic document forfeited or, in the case of a foreign entity, the secretary may declare the foreign entity's authority to do business in this state forfeited.

(c) Any covered entity which files a certificate under this section shall not be required to take any further action to amend its public organic documents to reflect a change of registered office or resident agent.

(d) This section shall take effect on and after January 1, 2015.

History: L. 2014, ch. 121, § 26; July 1.

2024. Powered by KLISS. Rendered: 2024-05-26T13:33:23. Head Rev No: 774903(I)