Find Bill
Find Your Legislator
Legislative Deadlines
RSS Feed Permanent URL -A +A

2012 Statute

Prev Article 1. - SAND AND GRAVELNext

70a-102.Taking materials from rivers owned by state; consent of director of taxation; terms and compensation; contracts. (a) Whenever any person desires to take any sand, gravel, oil, gas, mineral, hay, timber or other materials from any river owned by the state or from any land in such river, the person shall obtain the consent of the director of taxation upon such terms of payment to the state of Kansas and under such terms and conditions as the director of taxation determines to be just and proper. Compensation for such products shall be paid to the state of Kansas at such times and under such terms as the director of taxation directs. With respect to river sand, the compensation shall be computed at the rate of $.15 per ton removed. The secretary of revenue shall determine, by rule and regulation, the amount of compensation to be paid for other materials removed from rivers owned by the state or from land in such rivers.

(b) No contract shall be entered into giving any person, company or corporation any exclusive privilege of making purchases under this act.

(c) Nothing herein shall prevent the taking without payment of any sand or gravel to be used exclusively for a person's own domestic use.

History: L. 1913, ch. 259, § 2; R.S. 1923, 71-102; L. 1961, ch. 311,§ 1; L. 1990, ch. 250, § 1; L. 1992, ch. 109, § 1; L. 1996, ch. 47, § 1; July 1.

Prev Article 1. - SAND AND GRAVELNext